TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Bookings for lessons are confirmed once full payment has been received. Payment constitutes acceptance of these terms and conditions. Where bookings are taken by telephone it is understood that the customer has read and accepts these terms and conditions which he or she will be directed to on the Free-Ski website and / or by email.
- All prices are subject to change up to confirmation of a booking. Confirmation of a booking is only given on receipt of payment in full.
Cancellation by FREE SKI
- Free-Ski provides lessons subject to weather conditions and the operation of the ski areas and roads. Free-Ski reserves the right to cancel or modify a booking. Should cancellation become necessary, in the first instance Free-Ski will offer an alternative booking. Where that is not possible or acceptable a refund may be offered. If the customer chooses not accept any alternative to lessons which cannot be held in a mountain environment due to either the weather or the mountain being closed that Free-Ski offer the customer may not be entitled to a refund.
- Where it becomes necessary to curtail a lesson which is more than half completed no refund will be given.
- Free-Ski will not be liable for any loss, damage or expense resulting from unforeseen circumstances out with their control, including cancellation.
Cancellation by you
- Where you require to cancel a booking for any reason then Free-Ski should be informed as soon as possible by telephone in the first instance on 07495 028 578 and by e-mail in the second instance at
- Free-Ski will endeavour to find an alternative booking for you. In the event that an alternative booking cannot be made, any refund given will be subject to an administration fee of 25% of the value of the booking. No refunds will be given for cancellation within 48 hours of the booking or if you do not inform us that you need to cancel your booking by telephone or e-mail and ask for a refund after you were supposed to be having your lessons.
- Free-Ski has a class size of 10 for skiing and 8 for snowboarding. These numbers may be exceeded in unforeseen events as long as safety is not compromised.
- Free-Ski has a minimum class size of 4 for group lessons. Group lessons can only proceed where there are 4 or more customers. Should this minimum number not be reached, Free-Ski has the right to cancel the booking or offer an alternative booking, such as a private lesson.
- Free-Ski will endeavour to ensure that customers are in a class at a level that is appropriate to their ability. This may mean that customers are allocated to a different group from a friend or partner. Free-Ski will try to accommodate customers’ requests for allocation to a particular group, but no guarantee is given.
- Free-Ski will endeavour to provide the maximum duration of each lesson on snow/piste. Where possible, we will try to arrange meet points near to lesson start points. At busy periods, however, queues may be unavoidable which is out with Free-Ski’s control who are not responsible for such delays.
- During holiday periods there can be queues for equipment hire. Customers should ensure that they arrive in plenty of time to collect and be fitted for their equipment.
- Parents are responsible for meeting their children at the start and end of the day as well as looking after them during lunch periods. This may require the purchase of a funicular ticket which the parent/parents shall pay for themselves and shall not be provided by Free-Ski.
- Whilst Free-Ski takes all reasonable precautions to prevent accidents or injury, the customer acknowledges that the activities participated in carry a risk of accidents and injury. Customers should ensure they are capable of taking part in a day’s physical activity.
- It is the responsibility of customers to inform Free-Ski of any medical conditions or medication which they are taking and that may affect the performance and or ability to participate.
- Free-Ski reserves the right to request that a customer leave a lesson where it or its instructors consider that the customer’s continued participation jeopardises the safety or enjoyment of either their or other customers.
- Free-Ski reserves the right to request that a customer leave a lesson if it or one of its instructors suspects that they are under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
- It is the responsibility of customers to wear appropriate clothing for lessons. Free-Ski reserves the right to refuse to teach any customer who is not suitably dressed. The use of helmets is recommended. They are a mandatory requirement for all children and young persons under the age of 16. A child or young person below the age of 16 will not be allowed to participate in a lesson without a helmet.
- In the interests of safety customers are required to comply with the decisions, instructions and directions of Free-Ski’s instructors. Free-Ski is not liable for loss, injury, accident or damage that arises as a consequence of a failure to follow decisions, instructions, and directions of Free-Ski’s instructors.
- Free-Ski has public and employer’s liability insurance. However, it is not liable for any loss, injury, accident or damage that may arise through the normal participation in activities. It is the responsibility of the customer to ensure that they are adequately insured for the activities participated in.
- If you are dissatisfied with any aspect of the service delivered by Free-Ski, please make this known as soon as possible to a Free-Ski representative so that any problems can be resolved straightaway.
- We recognise that Alternative Dispute Resolution Regulations have been implemented ADR/EDR Directive 2013/11/EU to promote alternative dispute resolution as a means of redress for consumers in relation to unsatisfactory services. We have, however, chosen not to adopt an ADR process and if you have any concerns about the services you receive from Free-Ski you should contact Jerry Craig.
- Under the Data Protection Act 1998 we require to advise you of the personal data that we hold and the purpose of that. We will hold the following personal information regarding you in our firm:
- Your name and address;
- Your contact telephone number and/or email address;
- Your date of birth;
- Your size information;
- Your next-of-kin, and
- Relevant medical information which you provide.
- In the course of our dealings with you it is possible that we also obtain additional personal information to enable us to properly provide our services. We will use your information:
- To provide you with effective tuition;
- for training and administrative purposes including insurance health and safety matters;
- to enable us to provide or arrange such additional services which you request from third parties, such as ski equipment;
- to manage our relationship with you, and
- to keep you informed of developments.
- In some circumstances we may also disclose your information to other agents, professional advisers and as required by law (HMRC purposes). Where disclosure is required only personal information will be provided as necessary for such agents, advisers and agencies to perform their functions.
Use of Materials and Information
- The booking form has provision for your agreement to take photographs and videos during lessons for our promotional use. Where such agreement has been given Free-Ski reserves the right to use any such photograph or video for use exclusively in advertising or marketing materials, without further permission being required from you. Where possible Free-Ski is content to provide copies of such material to customers. However, such promotional material belongs to Free-Ski and may only be used by third parties with their written consent.
Please ensure you have read the above Terms and Conditions before completing the Booking Form and please sign and date where prompted on the form to say that you agree with our T&C’s.
Private lessons and 2 hour Group Lessons are tuition only as previously arranged with Free-Ski.
Our 4 hour Group packages are excellent value for money as they include tuition, ski passes and equipment hire.
You can choose to download and complete the form in either Word or PDF format. Once you have completed your booking form with all the required information you can email it back to us at or post it to us. Our address is 9 Craiggowrie Place, Aviemore, PH22 1UA.
Alternatively, if you’re short of time, you can bring the completed form along with you on the day. Please note that for Group Packages there may be a delay if we don’t have your size information before the day.
All sizing information should be provided for all of those participating in either package or private lessons where equipment is required either by completing the booking form or providing the information over the telephone at the time of booking.