TERMS & CONDITIONS
- Bookings for lessons are confirmed once full payment has been received. Payment constitutes acceptance of these terms and conditions. Where bookings are taken by telephone it is understood that the customer has read and accepts these terms and conditions which he or she will be directed to on the Free-Ski website and / or by email.
- All prices are subject to change up to confirmation of a booking. Confirmation of a booking is only given on receipt of payment in full.
Cancellation by Free-Ski:
- Free-Ski provides lessons subject to weather conditions and the operation of the ski areas and roads. Free-Ski reserves the right to cancel or modify a booking. Should cancellation become necessary, in the first instance Free-Ski will offer an alternative booking. Where that is not possible or acceptable a refund may be offered. If the customer chooses not to accept, any alternative to lessons which cannot be held in a mountain environment due to either the weather or the mountain being closed that Free-Ski offer, the customer may not be entitled to a refund.
- Where it becomes necessary to curtail a lesson which is more than half completed no refund will be given.
- Free-Ski will not be liable for any loss, damage or expense resulting from unforeseen circumstances out with their control, including cancellation.
Cancellation by you:
- Where you require to cancel a booking for any reason then Free-Ski should be informed as soon as possible by telephone in the first instance on 07495 028 578 and by e-mail in the second instance at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Free-Ski will endeavour to find an alternative booking for you. In the event that an alternative booking cannot be made, any refund given will be subject to an administration fee of 25% of the value of the booking. No refunds will be given for cancellation within 48 hours of the booking or if you do not inform us that you need to cancel your booking by telephone or e-mail and ask for a refund after you were supposed to be having your lessons.
- Free-Ski has a class size of 10 for skiing and 8 for snowboarding. These numbers may be exceeded in unforeseen events as long as safety is not compromised.
- Free-Ski has a minimum class size of 4 for group lessons. Group lessons can only proceed where there are 4 or more customers. Should this minimum number not be reached, Free-Ski has the right to cancel the booking or offer an alternative booking, such as a private lesson.
- Free-Ski will endeavour to ensure that customers are in a class at a level that is appropriate to their ability. This may mean that customers are allocated to a different group from a friend or partner. Free-Ski will try to accommodate customers’ requests for allocation to a particular group, but no guarantee is given.
- Free-Ski will endeavour to provide the maximum duration of each lesson on snow/piste. Where possible, we will try to arrange meet points near to lesson start points. At busy periods, however, queues may be unavoidable which is out with Free-Ski’s control who are not responsible for such delays.
- During holiday periods there can be queues for equipment hire. Customers should ensure that they arrive in plenty of time to collect and be fitted for their equipment.
- Parents are responsible for meeting their children at the start and end of the day as well as looking after them during lunch periods. This may require the purchase of a funicular ticket which the parent/parents shall pay for themselves and shall not be provided by Free-Ski.
- Whilst Free-Ski takes all reasonable precautions to prevent accidents or injury, the customer acknowledges that the activities participated in carry a risk of accidents and injury. Customers should ensure they are capable of taking part in a day’s physical activity.
- It is the responsibility of customers to inform Free-Ski of any medical conditions or medication which they are taking and that may affect the performance and or ability to participate.
- Free-Ski reserves the right to request that a customer leave a lesson where it or its instructors consider that the customer’s continued participation jeopardises the safety or enjoyment of either their or other customers.
- Free-Ski reserves the right to request that a customer leave a lesson if it or one of its instructors suspects that they are under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
- It is the responsibility of customers to wear appropriate clothing for lessons. Free-Ski reserves the right to refuse to teach any customer who is not suitably dressed. The use of helmets is recommended. They are a mandatory requirement for all children and young persons under the age of 16. A child or young person below the age of 16 will not be allowed to participate in a lesson without a helmet.
- In the interests of safety customers are required to comply with the decisions, instructions and directions of Free-Ski’s instructors. Free-Ski is not liable for loss, injury, accident or damage that arises as a consequence of a failure to follow decisions, instructions, and directions of Free-Ski’s instructors.
- Free-Ski has public and employer’s liability insurance. However, it is not liable for any loss, injury, accident or damage that may arise through the normal participation in activities. It is the responsibility of the customer to ensure that they are adequately insured for the activities participated in.
- If you are dissatisfied with any aspect of the service delivered by Free-Ski, please make this known as soon as possible to a Free-Ski representative so that any problems can be resolved straightaway.
- We recognise that Alternative Dispute Resolution Regulations have been implemented ADR/EDR Directive 2013/11/EU to promote alternative dispute resolution as a means of redress for consumers in relation to unsatisfactory services. We have, however, chosen not to adopt an ADR process and if you have any concerns about the services you receive from Free-Ski you should contact Jerry Craig.
- Under the Data Protection Act 1998 we require to advise you of the personal data that we hold and the purpose of that. We will hold the following personal information regarding you in our firm: Your name and address;
- Your contact telephone number and/or email address;
- Your date of birth;
- Your size information;
- Your next-of-kin, and
- Relevant medical information which you provide.
- In the course of our dealings with you it is possible that we also obtain additional personal information to enable us to properly provide our services. We will use your information: To provide you with effective tuition;
- for training and administrative purposes including insurance health and safety matters;
- to enable us to provide or arrange such additional services which you request from third parties, such as ski equipment;
- to manage our relationship with you, and
- to keep you informed of developments.
- In some circumstances we may also disclose your information to other agents, professional advisers and as required by law (HMRC purposes). Where disclosure is required only personal information will be provided as necessary for such agents, advisers and agencies to perform their functions.
Use of Materials and Information:
The booking form has provision for your agreement to take photographs and videos during lessons for our promotional use. Where such agreement has been given Free-Ski reserves the right to use any such photograph or video for use exclusively in advertising or marketing materials, without further permission being required from you. Where possible Free-Ski is content to provide copies of such material to customers. However, such promotional material belongs to Free-Ski and may only be used by third parties with their written consent.
Private lessons and 2 hour Group Lessons are tuition only as previously arranged with Free-Ski.
Our 4 hour Group packages are excellent value for money as they include tuition, ski passes and equipment hire.
You can choose to complete the Booking Form online or download and complete the form in either Word or PDF format. Once you have completed your Booking Form with all of the required information you can email it back to us at email@example.com or post it to us.
Our address is 9 Craiggowrie Place, Aviemore, PH22 1UA, UK.
Alternatively, if you are short of time, you can bring the completed form along with you on the day. Please note that for Group Packages there may be a delay if we don’t have your size information before the day.
All sizing information should be provided for all of those participating in either package or private lessons where equipment is required by completing the Booking Form or providing the information over the telephone at the time of booking.
Free-Ski is sensitive to privacy issues on the Internet. We believe that it is important you know how we treat the information we receive about you on the Internet and how the information is collected.
In general, you may visit the site without telling us who you are or revealing any personally identifiable information about you. Our servers collect the domain names, operating system in use (e.g., Macintosh, Windows) and browser (e.g., Safari, Netscape, Microsoft Edge, Internet Explorer). This information is aggregated to measure the number of visits, average time spent on the Site, pages viewed, etc. Free-Ski may use this information to measure the use of our Site and to improve the content of our Site. Email addresses and other personally identifiable information such as first and last name, telephone number, and other similar information are known only when voluntarily provided by a visitor for registration or other participation of visitors in any available online interactive activities.
Use of Your Information
We may use the personal information you provide for any of the following purposes:
- to understand the use of our Site and make improvements;
- to fulfil prizes;
- to respond to specific requests from visitors;
- to protect the security or integrity of our Site when necessary;
- to send you notices and solicitations regarding Site and our businesses; and
- in general, to promote and market products to you.
These solicitations may take the form of mailings or other couriers, telephone calls, email solicitations and other methods of contact. If you do not want to receive these solicitations from us using your personally identifiable information, please notify us. At times, we may conduct online surveys to better understand the needs and profiles of our visitors. When we conduct a survey, we will try to let you know how we will use the information at the time we collect the information from you on the Internet.
Disclosures of Your Information
Unless otherwise disclosed during the collection, personally identifiable information that may be collected in connection with visitors to this Site is retained by Free-Ski. Free-Ski do not sell, transfer or otherwise disclose this personally identifiable information outside this company, except where disclosure is required by law.
A technology called ‘cookies’ allows websites to provide you with tailored information and an improved browsing experience. A ‘cookie’ is a tiny element of data that a web site can send to your browser, usually containing specific information and for a specific purpose. For more information about cookies please visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org.uk.
You have a right to access the personal data that is held about you. You also have the right to request that we erase any data we hold that would identify you as an individual. However, where a financial transaction has taken place, we are legally required to keep details for HMRC & VAT reporting for up to 7 years. Please write to us at the following address to obtain a copy of the personal information Free-Ski holds about you: “Free-Ski, 9 Craiggowrie Place, Aviemore, PH22 1UA” enclosing your postal details.